How Do You Give?
Here at St. Michael we strive to make giving convenient and stay current with modern technology choices. Below you will find options for you when you find yourself wanting to donate. If we can address your needs in another manner feel free to email email@example.com with details.
1. Giving Kiosk
Behind the last pew on the east side of the church is a kiosk designed for accepting donations to all the funds St. Michael’s has. The regular funds available are
- Weekly Offering Fund –General Operating budget funding
- Maintenance Fund – Restricted to maintenance and projects related to maintaining and restoring our church
- Outreach Fund – Restricted to projects aiding those in our community in need. This could be through the several meal service locations St. Michael’s provides volunteers for, the Turkey Drive, Toy Drive, School Supply Drive or any number of projects sponsored by St. Michael’s to aid those needing assistance.
- Comprehensive Campaign Fund – Restricted funds to assist in payment of the loan for the tuck pointing, wiring, and new lighting in the church to list just a few of the details of the project.
- Other funds currently related to and active for the season. This list could include an Archdiocesan collection, St. Michael’s event donation funds, or flower funds related to the liturgical season.
To make a donation to any of the above funds you can begin the process by inserting a credit card, Discover, Visa or MC, check or cash. The kiosk system will then guide you through the process of donating and will allow you to choose the fund you wish to donate to. If you don’t designate a fund the donation is credited to the Weekly Offering Fund.
Our kiosk is linked directly to our website which is “live” on the screen when you look at it. From the St. Michael’s home page you can view our website for information, click on any link on our site, and gain access to our Online Giving system by clicking the Online Giving logo on the front page, bottom right corner. Once in the Online Giving system you can sign in with your user name and password, create a username and password, or just choose “Quick Give” and no login is required. No matter your selection, the system will guide you through the process with the ease and simplicity.
2. Quick Read Code
New to St. Michael’s is the QR code in the bulletin. With you smart phone you can now scan our code with your phone and you will be linked automatically to our Online Giving system login page. As was described above, from this page you can then choose a “Quick Give” option or choose to log into the system with a username and password. Once logged into the system you can establish a recurring giving schedule, a one-time payment to any of our established funds.
3. From any computer
you can access our website (www.st-mikes.org) and enter into our Online Giving system as described above.
4. We accept donations
of cash or checks mailed into us (1633 N Cleveland Ave., Chicago, IL 60614), delivered to the office or dropped into the Offertory at mass.
5. If you would like
to create a regular donation plan and are unable to use a computer, find the systems confusing or need help, please call Pat Krier in the office for assistance. (312-642-2498)
It is our goal to make giving simple, convenient to your way of life, and uncomplicated for you. We appreciate each donation no matter how it is made or how much it is. Each gift allows St. Michael’s to continue its mission and continue to be a place of prayerful respite when needed to all in our community.
6. If you would like
to receive monthly mailing of envelopes please call Toni Dunning, need more information, have questions about anything listed above, callthe Parish Office at 312-642-2498.
If you would like to donate now with our Online Giving system please enter here.
If you are interested in donating stock to St. Michael's you must go through the Archdiocese of Chicago, Parish Operations department. They will accept the stock donation, sell the stock and forward the proceeds to St. Michael in Old Town or the location or fund you designate on your Letter of Intent. If you are interested in more information on this process please enter here.